- What percentage is needed for a second mortgage?For a second mortgage, you generally require 15 to 20% of your home equity or 620 credit score to get your second mortgage approved. Normally, second mortgages are granted at a higher interest rate since first mortgages are normally paid off first.
- Do second homes qualify as primary residences?Second homes are not considered primary residences. Usually, second homes are considered as a place you reside only once or twice a year. Whether a home or a condo, the primary residence is the place where you live for the majority part of the year.
- In the event of the sale of my house, must I pay off the second mortgage?If you sell your home for a higher price than the amount you owe, you may be able to partially pay off the second mortgage. So in case of you selling your house, the amount pays off your first mortgage as well as the second one partially. However, this is just an option to use, not an obligation.
- Do you have the option of obtaining a second mortgage from two different lenders?Yes, the option of obtaining a second mortgage from two different lenders is definitely open to the applicants. A person may get a better deal from another lender, but a second mortgage comes with a higher interest rate since it’s a risk for the lender to approve a second mortgage.
- Can a second mortgage harm your credit?The credit is hurt only when the mortgage payments are not made on time. Getting a second mortgage is not impossible, but difficult. Lenders hesitate to lend you money if you have a poor credit score. But a second mortgage does not impact the credit negatively.
Second Mortgage Brampton
Get in Touch with Second Mortgage Expert
With our low rates, incredible customer service, and in-depth mortgage knowledge, we’ll empower you to make sound financial decisions