- Is it a good idea to take out a second mortgage?It is a good idea when you require it. Second mortgages come with higher loan amounts with less interest rates and as well as tax benefits. You may use it to renovate the house you got from your first mortgage or apply for debt consolidation.
- How does equity work when buying a second home?Second home means you already have one before. Home equity is the market value of your home minus any debt amount you may have. This value can be used as a guarantee or deposit for the purchase of your second mortgage.
- Is it possible to get a second mortgage from a different lender?It is possible and very easy to get a second mortgage from a different lender. Sometimes you get a better mortgage contract or lower interest rates from a different lender, so it is allowed for you to go to a different lender.
- If I already have a mortgage, do I need a deposit?The answer to this is yes, even if you already have a mortgage to your name, you need a deposit for the second mortgage that you apply for. When you already own a property, your chances of getting a second mortgage increase dramatically.
- How much is the down payment for a second home?The down payment for the second home should be at least 10%. Since it will add more pressure to the homeowner, lenders seek for a higher credit score on the second mortgage.
Second Mortgage Hamilton
Get in Touch With Second Mortgage Specialist
With our low rates, incredible customer service, and in-depth mortgage knowledge, we’ll empower you to make sound financial decisions